Lexus is the luxury car brand from Toyota, boasting the highest quality while creating harmony between luxury, style, and performance. At the Seoul Motor Show 2013 Digital studio designfever introduced the Interactive table, utilizing state-of-the-art digital technology to create a memorable experience for autoshow visitors.
The goal is to help users understand Lexus' philosophies and technological advances in only a short time. Using 3D printing, miniature models of Lexus' premier cars are created to interact with the iPad platform. When the 3D printed miniature vehicle is placed on the iPad, the screen becomes illuminated while making the sound of a revving engine.
When user moves the car model, a white line is formed at the center point and it can be used to access additional information about the particular car model they have in their hands.
Watch below the video demo of the Interactive Table for Lexus at Seoul Motor Show 2013.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Build your own 3D-printable silent_runner airship
- 3D printed gold-plated Arc of the Covenant
- Multithread: 3D printed furniture illustrating the forces at work
- voxeljet builds Aston Martin models for James Bond film Skyfall
- Creating a new nose using 3D colour printing
- 3D printing a lightning adapter for Elevation iPhone dock
- FigurePrints recreates your favorite Minecraft world with 3D printing
- Endless 3D printed Mobius bacon
- 3D printing in Dilbert Comic Strip
- Finding the proper temperature ranges for 3D printing wood
- 3D Repo: open source Revision Control Framework for large 3D models
- Rostock MAX Delta 3D printer
- Turning your thoughts into actual 3D objects
- 3D printed Stirling engine
- 3D printed Loophole lamp
- 3D Printing will be part of open economy in the future