China International 3D printing technology and application conference will be held during Mar.30~31, 2012 in Shanghai.
3D scanning and 3D printing technology and its applications will for the first time be introduced to the country and it will also showcase the world's latest 3D scanning and printing equipment, software and materials.
One of the topics is 3D printing technology in the medical and biological engineering. Professor Jules Poukens from Biomedical Research Center in Belgium Hasselt University, the leader of the surgical team that replaced woman's jaw with a 3d printed titanium one, will introduce in details the use of 3D printing / AM technology to produce personalized implant.
Other speakers include:
Enrico Dini: President of D-Shape Limited, Italian inventor of the world's first large-scale 3D printer for construction. His largest 3D printer can build 3D objects from sand and a binding agent.
Michael Eden: designer and a researcher working with ceramics and 3D printing at Manchester School of Art.
Wang Chen Tao: Professor of Shanghai Jiaotong University, his work includes: the human musculoskeletal system biomechanics; computer-aided surgery and clinical engineering systems and bone surgical implants.
Wang Hua Ming: professor of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics Materials Science and Engineering.
Derek Elley: Ponoko CEO.
Michael Weinberg: Writer of "It Will Be Awesome If They Don't Screw This Up: 3D Printing, Intellectual Property, and the Fight Over the Next Great Disruptive Technology"
Wang Yun Gan: Professor of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Chairman of Fu Qi Fan Electric Co., Ltd, manufacturer of rapid prototyping equipment and has 12 patents in China.
The main topics are:
- 3D printing: a technology revolution that changed the world
- 3D printing influences the world economy development model
- Intellectual property protection law faces new challenges
- Global 3D printing / AM market and development trend
- China 3D printing / AM market and development trend
- Market potential for office and home 3D printer
- 3D printing service business development model
- RepRap open source 3D printing service model
- Latest 3D printing / AM Equipment
- Primary 3D printer performance, price and suitability
- 3D printing / AM Software
- 3D printing / AM material
- 3D printing / AM technology in industrial design
- 3D printing / AM technology and mold manufacturing
- Digital technology and artistic creation
- 3D technology and digital dental
- 3D printing in diagnosis and treatment of complex fractures
- 3D printing / AM technology in plastic surgery
- The latest developments in 3D biological / organ printing
- Household appliances design and 3D printing / AM technology
- 3D printing / AM in the aviation, aerospace manufacturing
- 3D printing / AM application in automotive design and manufacturing
- Heritage digital preservation, restoration and display
- 3D printing / AM technology in jewelry design
- 3D printing / AM technology in sports shoes design
- 3D printing for producing large-scale architectural models
- Terrain data processing and terrain model Print
- 3D printer enter into classroom
- DIY and home 3D printer
- "Return to home workshops - 3D printing enter into consumer market
Registration Fee is 4,800 RMB (760USD/580Euro) for the full participation, lunch (two days) and tea breaks, and conference information.
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- RouterStrap 3D printer on the CNC Machine
- PotteryPrint designing app aims to introduce kids to 3D printing
- GE invests on hands-on labs for ordinary people
- How low can a Prusa Mendel 3D printer cost go
- Using 3D Printing to create small business
- StreetScooter and 3D printed dashboard
- Cubify prepares a 25 city trip across the US
- Affordable 3D printed time lapse dolly for fantastic photography
- Review of 9 recently released 3D printing materials(video)
- Incredibly low-cost line lasers for 3D scanning
- Build your own Kinect-like 3D camera
- 3D printed one-of-a-kind stock market performance bracelets
- Cool 3D Printed stelliform owl on Kickstarter
- Create and print 3D models from Adroid interface
- Give the Raspberry Pi an attractive 3D Printed Case
- How to make your own homemade flashlight using a 3D printer