Eric Haines, the creator of Mineways, made an introductory video of the program. The free Mineways program allows you to select a model from your Minecraft world and trim it up, then render/send it to a 3D printer, or any 3D printing service company like Shapeways.
(Images credit: Eric Haines)
In the video below Eric Haines introduces the process of getting the program, selecting and uploading a model, and setting up a page on Shapeways. Prices of 3D prints on Shapeways range from $5 to $500, depending on the size of your model.
Eric's Mineways can be found and downloaded here.
To know more about Eric Haines and his work, watch the video below Eric Haines is interviewed by Minecraft forums' Sacheverell.
Thanks Jamie G. for the tip!
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- UW WOOF wins the 3D4D Challenge 2012
- OpenStructures WaterBoiler Filter by Unfold
- Rebuilding 74-year-old Morris Eight badge with 3D printing
- 360-degree visualisation tool 3DTry.it released at 3D Printshow London
- Digital Reality launches new tool for real time quotes
- FabClay: exploring important parameters of robotic 3D printing
- Shapeways opens largest 3D printing factory in the world
- Global Additive Manufacturing Market expected to reach $3.5 Billion by 2017
- One Just One: Unique 3D Printed jewellery on Kickstarter
- Craig Venter's Vision of 3D DNA printers
- Hyphen - the first prototyping and testing services in Canada
- China 3D Printing Technology Industry Alliance established
- Report urges UK government to develop 3D printing policy