3DPCase mobile application developed by French 3D-printing company Sculpteo lets users design or customize their unique iPhone case. This is the first ever app for customizing, manufacturing and ordering 3D printed iPhone cases, thanks to the magic of cloud & 3D printing technology.
Sculpteo is awarded the Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Best of Innovations by the Consumer Electronics Show.
3DPCase by Sculpteo demonstrates how the digital world is now entering the real world, with digital files manufactured on demand just with a few simple clicks from a Smartphone. Anyone has the ability to create a unique 3D printed object just using the '3D printing factory' they have in their pocket.
On the 3DPCase interface people can choose from a range of designs which can be customized including a case which incorporates your profile pictures, cases with different 3D printed text, textures and patterns and the opportunity to integrate your own name or message.
Recently Sculpteo launched a new feature in 3DPcase called Photo Background and users can now choose any picture and have it 3D printed directly in the case. For now you can get it with the most popular Curves and Shadow Profile cases. The new Background Option gives you access to more than a hundred design possibilities for your iPhone case, and you can also add your own image.
(Images credit: Sculpteo)
3DPCase is free from the Appstore on iOS devices and a 3D printed iPhone case costs from $24 / €24.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Systems launches Cubify Pics
- Using ScanBooth to prepare your raw 3D scan for 3D printing
- Mixee Me: Model your own 3D character in minutes
- Creating unique lithophanes on a 3D printer
- Autodesk bringing 3D modeling to the masses with 123D Design
- 3D Repo: open source Revision Control Framework for large 3D models
- Turning your thoughts into actual 3D objects
- Tutorial: Designing Jewelry ring for a 3D printer with Blender and Netfabb
- Axon 3 available on RapMan 3.2 & 3DTouch
- Uformia launches modelling software Meshup on Kickstarter
- Printcraft: convert your Minecraft creations into STL 3D model files
- Glasgow unveiled world's most advanced 3D model of the human foot
- TransMagic Releases MagicCheck for 3D Geometry Comparison
- Design a case for iPhone 5 with Tinkercad
- Turning 8-bit sprites into 3D models ready for 3D printing
- Try hacking MakerWare to support old Makerbots