This year Sculpteo is again under the spotlights at CES 2013, even before it starts. Sculpteo has been recognised with the prestigious Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Best of Innovations by the Consumer Electronics Show. 3DPCase by Sculpteo is the first ever app for customizing, manufacturing and ordering 3D printed iPhone cases.
There are 30 categories in the CES Innovations Awards and in each category there is one Best of Innovations award. Clément Moreau Sculpteo CEO & Co-Founder: "We are delighted to be back at CES this year and to be Presented with a Best of CES Innovations Award for 3DPCase. The third Industrial revolution is not a rumour, it has started, it is ineluctable and it is something which affects us all".
On the 3DPCase interface people can choose from a range of designs which can be customized including a case which incorporates your profile pictures, cases with different 3D printed text, textures and patterns and the opportunity to integrate your own name or message. Parametric designs are created via the interface on the Sculpteo app by using the interactive touch screen feature to customize your iPhone case by hand or to combine different parts of a customizable model to create a truly unique case. Some cases are DIY kits that you can enjoy finishing yourself at home. There are concepts from designers such as NoDesign Studio, The Society for Printable Geography, Cinemo, Glucose Sweet Design, Hugo Arcier and many more.
A 3D printed iPhone case costs from $24/ 24 €.
Posted in 3D Printing Apps
Maybe you also like:
- Materialise launches 3D Print Barometer
- Tutorial: How to design and 3D print enclosures with front panels
- Drag-and-Drop DNA: this 3D printer prints new cancer drugs
- Ideas wanted for 3D printed advent calendar
- Innovative PiMaker has a build area larger than MakerBot Replicator 2
- Is this the largest ever 3D printed wrench? (video)
- Powerlolu board: Powerful open source stepper-motor driver
- David Kelley interview: How to design breakthrough inventions