As demonstrated in the fossil record, about 580 million years ago, most organisms were simple, composed of individual cells occasionally organized into colonies. Around 530 million years ago, diversity of organisms expanded during the Cambrian explosion in the ancient Cambrian period of the Paleozoic Era. The appearance of most major animal phyla seen today, were formed during the explosion.
"Wouldn't you wonder, what you would look like if you lived in the Cambrian period?" Japanese company Interculture, in collaboration with artist Shigeto Maeda of Naturalogic Studio, created Anomalizmo, a WEB application which creates instant 3D model of an individual in the ancient times.
ANOMALIZMO is based on your name and date of birth. What you need to do is only to fill in the online form with your name and birth date, then click the SEARCH button. Around 30 seconds the Anomalizmo system would generate a 3D model automatically. You can either purchase your 3D-CG model data (.obj format or .blend format) or order a 3D printed ancient figure.
Currently Interculture is offering special prices on the site: 6.50USD / 4.90EUR for 3D Data and 32USD / 24.50EUR for a 3D printed ancient figure.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printing fashion accessories with nylon
- Creative use of 3D printing: A sandstone block built from lego
- World's first 3D printing photo booth to open in Japan
- NASA using 3D printing to build the next generation of rockets
- Using 3D printing to re-imagine classic Eames chair
- US army researchers use Printrbot 3D printer for rapid prototypes
- How to 3D print a Google Earth building using DIY 3D printer
- Build your own 3D-printable silent_runner airship
- 3D printed gold-plated Arc of the Covenant
- Multithread: 3D printed furniture illustrating the forces at work
- voxeljet builds Aston Martin models for James Bond film Skyfall
- Creating a new nose using 3D colour printing