Cimatron Limited (NASDAQ: CIMT & TASE: CIMT), announced today that its Board of Directors has approved the establishment of a 3D Printing Advisory Board, and named industry expert Terry Wohlers as its first member.
With more than 40,000 installations worldwide, Cimatron is a leading provider of integrated, CAD/CAM software solutions for mold, tool and die makers as well as manufacturers of discrete parts.
"The creation of a 3D printing advisory board, and Mr. Wohlers' appointment to it, is aimed at accelerating Cimatron's efforts in entering the additive and hybrid manufacturing field," said Mr. Danny Haran, Cimatron's President and CEO. "We are pleased and honored to have Mr. Wohlers on board, and believe that his wide experience and knowledge of this fast emerging industry will assist us in identifying ways in which we can further our efforts to serve the global manufacturing market as effectively and innovatively as possible."
Terry Wohlers has been a leading authority on 3D printing technology for over two decades. His Colorado-based company, Wohlers Associates, Inc., provides technical and strategic consulting on the new developments and trends in rapid product development, additive manufacturing, and 3D printing. Mr. Wohlers has served as a keynote speaker at nearly 100 conferences worldwide.
"Cimatron has long been a strong player in the CAD/CAM software market, and it is only natural for the company to leverage its knowledge of manufacturing software solutions by exploring opportunities in 3D printing," said Mr. Wohlers.
"By 2015, we believe the 3D printing industry will be worth $3.7 billion, and a successful deployment by Cimatron in this market will provide it strong potential for growth," Wohlers explained.
The Cimatron product line includes the CimatronE and GibbsCAM brands with software solutions for mold design, die design, electrode design, 2.5 to 5 Axis milling, wire EDM, turn, Mill-turn, rotary milling, multi-task machining, and tombstone machining. Cimatron's subsidiaries and extensive distribution network serve and support customers in the automotive, aerospace, medical, consumer plastics, electronics, and other industries in over 40 countries worldwide.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- MakieLab's 3D-printed dolls now available on iPad
- Tutorial: How to use Autodesk 123D Design (video)
- 12 free apps to easily make unique 3D printable creations
- 123D Creature: Design and 3D print your own 3D monsters from your iPad
- Geomagic Releases Freeform 2013, CEO Ping Fu on BBC: 3D printing is 'as big as the internet'
- CARTIS to Showcase Benefits of Digital Design and Additive Fabrication in Maxillofacial Surgery
- New apps transform your Facebook profile into 3D printable art
- CNC Simulator to introduce 3D printer simulator
- PuzzleCut lets you cut object into smaller pieces for 3d printing
- 3D Systems launches Cubify development tools: AppCreate and Cubify API
- Cubify Capture Beta turns your images into 3D models