While the limitation and high cost of materials become the biggest obstacles for the development of 3D printing, Dr. Conor MacCormack, the CEO of Mcor believes their paper based 3D color printer is a solution.
In the podcast below Dr. Conor MacCormack talked with Michael Wolf about how they came up with the idea of paper 3D printing to provide an environment friendly and low material cost color 3D printer, how the company was started, how the Staples deal came together, how Staples and Mcor plan to make 3D printing services work at retail, where the market is for paper based 3D printing and the future.
Posted in 3D Printer Company
Maybe you also like:
- BEGO licenses Renishaw for 3D printing in dental sector
- MakerBot hiring for 50 positions
- MakerBot and Autodesk to jointly develop and market 3D design and 3D printers
- Massive Dynamics to acquire 3D printer developer PrintForge 3D
- 3D Systems acquired Geomagic for $55 million in cash
- Massive Dynamics launches 3D printing division; seeking acquisition candidates
- 3D Systems called a 'bubble stock' by influential Citron Research
- New 3D printing template marketplace caught selling stolen jewelry, marketplace offline
- Form 1 3D Printer entered into full production, on schedule to deliver end of April
- 3D printer company ExOne increases range, price $16 to $18 for $90 million IPO