Renishaw, provider of laser melting machines based in Gloucestershire, England and BEGO Bremer Goldschlägerei Wilh. Herbst GmbH & Co. KG, a leading specialist in dental prosthodontics, have concluded an agreement that licenses Renishaw to use BEGO patents for additive manufacturing in dental applications.
Based in Bremen, Germany BEGO, is one of the leading companies in dental prosthodontics and implantology. In the growing market of digital CAD/CAM solutions, BEGO holds various patents in additive manufacturing processes for the dental sector.
The new licensing agreement between Renishaw and BEGO will allow the Renishaw Group to strengthen its existing dental business.
Christoph Weiss, managing partner of BEGO says, "The dental industry is one of the most competitive industries worldwide and the licensing agreement strengthens the position of Renishaw and BEGO."
The agreement will allow Renishaw to sell and utilise their additive manufacturing machines for dental market applications and give Renishaw's customers access to patents from BEGO. "It also comes at a time when we are introducing a range of innovative processes for the manufacture of dental structures." says Geoff McFarland, Renishaw's Group Engineering Director.
BEGO launched additive manufacturing (AM) technologies into the dental industry in 2001. The AM process allows the production of precision metal parts direct from 3D CAD data in a layer building process that removes many of the design limitations and material waste associated with conventional 'subtractive' milling processes.
Posted in 3D Printing Company
Maybe you also like:
- MakerBot hiring for 50 positions
- MakerBot and Autodesk to jointly develop and market 3D design and 3D printers
- Massive Dynamics to acquire 3D printer developer PrintForge 3D
- 3D Systems acquired Geomagic for $55 million in cash
- Massive Dynamics launches 3D printing division; seeking acquisition candidates
- 3D Systems called a 'bubble stock' by influential Citron Research
- New 3D printing template marketplace caught selling stolen jewelry, marketplace offline
- Form 1 3D Printer entered into full production, on schedule to deliver end of April
- 3D printer company ExOne increases range, price $16 to $18 for $90 million IPO
- China to invest $80M in 3D printing innovation center
- Ideas to Prototypes to Production (video)
- Affordable 3D printer startup Pirate3DP raises USD482K from Red Dot Ventures