April 10, 2013
The CEO of ExOne Co (XONE.O), the 3D printer maker that went public in February, said its gross margin could exceed 50 percent within three years.
ExOne's stock has risen 72 percent since it placed shares on the Nasdaq at $18.00 on February 7. And it has a market value of about $400 million.
ExOne Chief Executive Kent Rockwell told Reuters in an interview that the company was aiming to raise its annual revenue to $100 million within three years and could be able to sustain the 50 percent margin level.
ExOne has forecast its 2013 gross margin of 42 percent to 46 percent on revenue of $48 million to $52 million, which will bring the company closer to its peers 3D Systems Corp (DDD.N) and Stratasys Ltd (SSYS.O).
As part of its expansion into the emerging markets of South America and Asia ExOne plans to open three production service centers (PSCs) this year, one in the U.S., a second one in Japan, and the third one would be in South America.
The company also plans to expand further in Asia, which accounted for 30 percent of revenue last year. As well as Japan, the company has sold its products in China, Taiwan and India, said Rockwell.
As a spinoff of Extrude Hone Corp. ExOne develops 3D printers which can print on diverse materials including stainless steel, bronze, glass, silica sand and ceramics. Rockwell expected the company to add at least three new materials and get seven or eight materials certified to industrial standard over the next three years.
Posted in 3D Printing Company
Maybe you also like:
- Singapore to invest $500 million in 3D printing
- Pirate3D aims to bring affordable 3D printing to the masses
- Cartier & Forbes' Entrepreneur Voice features Makerbot CEO (video)
- Mcor CEO on paper 3D printing, the Staples deal and the future of Mcor
- BEGO licenses Renishaw for 3D printing in dental sector
- MakerBot hiring for 50 positions
- MakerBot and Autodesk to jointly develop and market 3D design and 3D printers
- Massive Dynamics to acquire 3D printer developer PrintForge 3D
- 3D Systems acquired Geomagic for $55 million in cash
- Massive Dynamics launches 3D printing division; seeking acquisition candidates
- 3D Systems called a 'bubble stock' by influential Citron Research
- New 3D printing template marketplace caught selling stolen jewelry, marketplace offline
- Form 1 3D Printer entered into full production, on schedule to deliver end of April