This month North America's premier showcase for contemporary design, the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) will add 3D printing and digital fabrication, for the first time, to its program through a series of hands-on workshops.
Sponsored by the Architect's Newspaper and Mode Collective DesignX, a series of concentrated workshops will bring together leading experts from digital design and fabrication, including MIT artist and computational architect Skylar Tibbits who is working on "4D printing" - "smart" components that can assemble themselves, Duann Scott of 3D printing service Shapeways, designer Jessica Rosenkrantz and Jesse Louis-Rosenberg from Massachusetts design studio Nervous System, Ronnie Parsons and Gil Akos of Mode Lab and Francis Bitonti who made the stunning 3D-printed dress for burlesque dancer, model and actress Dita Von Teese.
DesignX will comprise 15 workshops devoted to digital design and fabrication technology - on the topics of 3D printing, online product customization, 3D printed fabrics, parametric design, 3D modeling and 4D printing - will show you how to harness cutting-edge technology to bring your ideas to reality.
DesignX will take place from 18 to 21 May in New York City. Attendees can register to attend ICFF and sign up for any workshop individually. Find more information here.
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printing service to be integrated in game Space Qube
- 3D Systems Buys RPDG
- Solidscape Announces Winners of 2013 BASELWORLD Design Competition
- ExOne Opens Materials R&D Laboratory in Ohio
- ICTP scientists publish free book: Low-Cost 3D Printing
- Conrad store now sells 3D printer for less than 700 Euro
- 3D Systems revenue jumps 31 percent as it sold 81 percent more printers
- Super-sized giant is now 3D printed Nendoroid giant bust
- 3DLT partners with makexyz for 3D printing services
- Ascent: revealing the evolution of analog man to digital man using 3D printing
- Propul~Surf: 3D printed screw-propelled snowboard that pushes you around
- 3D printing used for creating space helmet for US Blockbuster Hit 'Prometheus'
- Pirate 3D Buccaneer 3D printer giveaway