The ExOne Company (XONE) , provider of 3D printing machines and printed products to industrial customers, announced that it established a new material characterization and testing facility in St. Clairsville, Ohio.
As part of ExOne's Material Applications Laboratory (ExMAL), this facility will provide support for the development and qualification of new 3D printing materials and machines. Located in the Fox Commerce Park, the 3,200 square foot (297 m2) facility has a material characterization research and development (R&D) laboratory with the capability to perform mechanical tests, metallography, microscopy, and various thermal and physical tests. The R&D lab will be equipped with various 3D printing machines and post processing equipment. The St. Clairsville, Ohio area is well known for expertise in materials development.
"Qualifying new materials for use on ExOne machines is a strategic objective of our Company, and this dedicated R&D laboratory will help us focus on that objective," stated Rick Lucas, ExOne's Chief Technology Officer.
Posted in 3D Printing Company
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Systems revenue jumps 31 percent as it sold 81 percent more printers
- Supermodel Coco Rocha experienced 3D printing at Shapeways
- voxeljet takes over British 3D service provider Global TCT
- ExOne aims to raise its annual revenue to $100M within 3 years
- Singapore to invest $500 million in 3D printing
- Pirate3D aims to bring affordable 3D printing to the masses
- Cartier & Forbes' Entrepreneur Voice features Makerbot CEO (video)
- Mcor CEO on paper 3D printing, the Staples deal and the future of Mcor
- BEGO licenses Renishaw for 3D printing in dental sector
- MakerBot hiring for 50 positions
- MakerBot and Autodesk to jointly develop and market 3D design and 3D printers
- Massive Dynamics to acquire 3D printer developer PrintForge 3D
- 3D Systems acquired Geomagic for $55 million in cash
- Massive Dynamics launches 3D printing division; seeking acquisition candidates
adfsdf wrote at 6/23/2013 4:39:17 AM: