NAMII, the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute, has teamed with several organizers to create an extensive timeline exhibit of the history of 3D printing, in the McDonough Museum of Art.
The exhibit, "Re-Shaping Ideas, Ingenuity in 3D Technology", which opened on Friday, June 14 and runs through August 2, 2013, gives visitors a hands-on understanding of 3D printing and additive manufacturing.
Credit: Post-Up Stand
The exhibit is divided into four galleries. Three galleries cover the past, present, and future of 3D printing presented in text, image, and video. The best way to understand 3-D printing is to see it in action. The fourth gallery is called "Innovation Creation Space" and is an extension of AST2's Inventor Cloud Program. It is a hands-on 3D printing lab open to the public for all ages. Individuals and groups, however, must schedule time in the lab in advance. Lab hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.
"Our intent with the exhibit is to build public awareness, understanding, and interest in advances in additive manufacturing that are changing the world we live in." said Leslie A. Brothers, Director of the McDonough Museum of Art.
The McDonough Museum of Art is located at 525 Wick Avenue on the campus of YSU in Youngstown, Ohio. Admission is free. Check more information here.
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- Skanect for Mac is launched
- MUJI offering a chance to win a trip and 3D-printed family portrait
- Opencube to launch desktop 3D printer Japanese model
- Artist creates 3D printed 'Venus of Google' using Google Images
- 3D printing marketplace MakerShop offers customizable shops to designers
- LEGObot 3D printer made almost completely out of Legos
- 3D Systems introduces strong and durable VisiJet M3 Black material
- Artist to 3D print turn of the century Coney Island… with YOU in it
- 3D printing of liquid metals at room temperature
- Mixee Labs launching "customized cufflinks" tool
- A visit to 3D Atelier in Netherlands
- Funny or Die: office 3D printer will drive employees crazy
- In a first, this apartment in East Boston may offered with 3D printer
- Win a Cube 3D Printer in the "Summer Sunglass Design Challenge"
- Infographic: The Impact of 3D Printing on Supply Chains
- 3D printable 'Drone It Yourself' kit turns any object into an UAV
- Futurama this week: Bender got a 3D printed guitar