Andrew started his journey to bring 3D printing technology to undeveloped nations. His first destination is Berat, Albania. Albania is located in the Southern part of Eastern Europe and known as one of the poorest countries in Europe.
"We have collaborated with the "Printers for Peace" program set up by Dr. Joshua Pearce in Michigan (USA). Dr. Pearce is the director of Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Laboratory and building "MOST" RepRaps. He happily provided us with a MOST 3D printer kit to assemble with Albanians to create objects which will raise their standard of living. Dr. Pearce, we appreciate your support!" writes Andrew.
Watch the video below Andrew's 3D Printing Adventure - Printers for Peace - Albania.
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- ExOne to build $20M new facility in Germany
- 3D Systems acquires cloud-based, project management tool TeamPlatform
- Melbourne researchers develop 'grow your own' cartilage using 3D printing
- Cubify: These free-to-download shoes you can 3D print overnight
- Expired patents turned into design files for 3D printers
- Upgraded world's first 3D-printed rifle fires 14 shots before breaking
- taulman3D releases "t-glase" A low temp industrial 3D printing material
- MIT Students will release program for 3D printing high security keys
- 3D printed modified Apple charger could hack iPhone in minutes
- Handheld 3D scanners engaged in making of Brad Pitt zombie blockbuster "World War Z"
- Slow down and look for hidden 3D printed tiny bunnies near you
- Singapore International 3D Printing Competitions
Jim wrote at 8/25/2013 4:13:40 AM:
Link to the contest -- win a free 3D printer for designs posted by Sept. 1 http://www.mtu.edu/materials/printersforpeace/