Cults is the first French marketplace that connects 3D designers and people who look for 3D models for 3D printing.
"Our goal is to become the undisputed platform for the legal offer of downloadable 3D files for 3D printing," says the Cults team.
By selling its design on Cults, artists can take 80% of the net price of each sale. Cults charges 20% of the selling price (excluding taxes) for supporting the operational cost of the site. The artists also have the option to publish their 3D models for free by choosing a Creative Commons license.
In addition, through a news feed and followers / following system, site visitors can follow their favorite designers and get updated of their latest creations.
"So why such a name? If you read 'Cults' backwards it becomes St. Luc, patron saint of artists and sculptors. Read backwards you can also find the .stl, the universal 3D format. In short, Cults, it seemed obvious to us." notes the Cults team.
Posted in 3D Design
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printing tool: Pelican camera creates 3D model from video
- Pininfarina to use 3D modeling to design new concept car
- Create unique 3D printable objects with new Mixee Labs platform
- More than 100,000 things now on Thingiverse
- Forme It UK launches high resolution 3D models library
- Largest survey finds UK 3D design jobs taking off
- Cool sites let you share and sell your 3D design for 3D printing
- Enhance your fesign process with a 3D mouse
- Free Sketchfab service allows you to upload and showcase 3D models online
skarab wrote at 1/17/2014 6:50:21 AM:
Hello This is not the first French marketplace, there are already and for long time : http://3dprintskin.eu/, http://www.getmakers.com/, and surely others. Peace.