In October 2011 Dutch company Widenhorn expanded her actitities by becoming an official 3D printer reseller in the Netherlands.
One week after the announcement Widenhorn sold its first BFB Touch 3D Printer to Nedsystems in Rotterdam. Meanwhile Widenhorn has got another 4 potential customers.
Nedsystems Rotterdam produces and maintains turn-key network solutions for companies and was founded in 1983. The purchasing of the 3D printer is their first step to explore the 3D printing market and to support its operational relationships in the future.
The 3D Touch is a ready-to-use printer with the ability to use extra printheads to print complex prints with support of supporting material. The immediate availability, multi-material capabilities for easy support structure removal, 125μm layer thickness, 1mm minimum wall thickness and accurate and effective rapid prototyping make this particular model the best choice for NedSystems.
Three weeks after the purchase the 3D Touch 3D printer is already fully in use. Nedsystems Director Steven Hoogslag tells about his experiences. "The printer was well packed and could easily be started. Last week I tested the 3D printer to check the accuracy. I was positive by the test that Widenhorn had done, but after the tests I did, I became even more enthusiastic. The solid implementation and availability of open source software make the 3D Touch an affordable and versatile entry-level 3D printer for 3D modeling and Rapid Prototyping", concludes Steven Hoogslag.
Widenhorn Rapid Prototyping and Rapid Manufacturing is part of the Widenhorn Group. The Widenhorn Group, specializing in production optimization was established in 1983 by Widenhorn BV who started in 1919. Until now Widenhorn has accumulated 30 years experiences in optimizing production, products and processes using CADCAM, Direct Modeling and 3D Printers.
(Photo credit: rapro)
Posted in 3D Printer Resellers
Maybe you also like:
- 3D print your own tie
- RapidPro 2012 expects 2000 visitors
- Eyewear made through 3D printing and traditional needlework
- 3D Systems scheduled to launch cubify.com at CES
- MK7 filament guide spring loaded with ball bearing
- Cool Send to Print / Print to Send Event in London
- 3D print you home to be a snow globe scene
- 1st successful print test from DIY 3D DLP Printer
- Makible working on $300 3D Printer
- 3D Systems completes the acquisition of Z Corp and Vidar
- 3D ice printer
- IRENE/3D scanner restores 125-Year-Old recordings
- Minecraft Village printed on a 3D printer
- Parametric Printrbot variant - new RepRap 3D printer