29 figures walking in an endless loop with precise intervals - Tobias built this sweet strobing zoetrope with some LEDs and 3D printed figures. The circuit was built using Schmitt triggers and an optical encoder. With some standard parts and a simple mechanical construction formed this improved version of 3Drehkino.
The disk was printed in "white strong & flexible" material, a paper disk with black markers is glued in the center for getting the stroboscope working in sync with the figures. The disk and 29 figures were printed via Shapeways. Tobias tells his experiences working with Shapeways:
"Very helpful was the service of shapeways inspecting the files you send them and point you on possible production problems and give you the chance of fixing it instead of printing garbage. Shapeways returned my file two times as not printable because of too high detail level (fingers) or small wall width (legs). The third file finally passed and the pictures and videos on this site show the result."
Tobias provides the downloadable blender file, shell script to generate python script for blender and pdf layout file, so feel free to download and build your own version of zoetrope.Via drehkino & hackaday
Posted in 3D Print Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printing and 111 five euro cent coins
- Experimental kite features 1700 3D printed connectors
- Nature-inspired greenhouse created using a 3D printer
- GE shares a 3D printed Christmas Tree ornament
- 3D printed Kindle Kapsule Lightstand for your beloved
- World's first 3D printed customized implant wins innovation award
- Fishman guitar amplification devices created with 3D printer
- 5 stunning 3D printed gear sibling
- 2D mechatronic printer created with 3D printer
- 3D printed models acts in best ads of 2011 "Back To The Start"
Ixnay wrote at 6/30/2014 5:24:13 PM:
Looks nothing like yours dude. Mad props though, yours is great.
peter hudson wrote at 6/9/2013 7:15:44 AM:
wow! that looks litigiousness like my 2002 stroboscopic zoetrope sisyphish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=338NGhke39M comment?