John and Sam from Wolfsburg Casting Resources is offering metal parts for Prusa Mendel printer. Since it takes average 8 hours for 3D printer to print the plastic parts for Prusa Mendel, John and Sam want to produce the metal parts for 3D printer with shorter delivery time and more affordable price. with their existing machinery they can produce enough parts for over 100 machines in the same time frame.
They are on Kickstarter at the moment funding for the tooling and raw material cost. Pledge $60 is for the full mendel plastic kit made of aluminum alloy including the extruder gears and mounting plate. Pledge $101 extra Rods, bearings, nuts and washers will be included.
Wolfsburg Casting Resources is based in Lexington, NC and have worked as a GM authorized manufacturer (supplier/subcontractor) since 1999.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Low-cost and open source SLS wax 3D printer
- The $300 MakiBox 3D Printer funding launched
- How to assemble your own Buildatron 3D printer
- Fab@Home 3D Printer Makes anything
- BFB Launched Upgrade kits for RapMan 3.0 or 3.1 3D printers
- Large scale 3D printer One-to-One on Kickstarter
- 3D chocolate printer available for taking orders
- The ORD Bot 3D printer platform using MakerSlide linear bearing
- Stratasys uPrint SE 3D printer got $1 Million order from Department of Defense
- New MakerBot brings 3D printer one step closer to everyone
- MakerBot announces Replicator 3D printer and new Thingiverse
- New Cubic 3D printer from 3D Systems at CES 2012
- 1st successful print test from DIY 3D DLP Printer
- Makible working on $300 3D Printer