If you like building things of your own I am sure you will like this - a 3D printed drone, yes you can build your own drone with your 3D printer, for sure it is more fun than buying it ready-made. Named PL1Q Vampire, this quadcopter has an awesome but simple design with affordable costs, perfect for any beginners to get started with 3D printing.
Just download the .stl files from swepet(Peter from Sweden) on Thingiverse. Peter designed the Vampire quadcopter using Google Sketchup and printed all parts out using his Ultimaker 3D printer. He has now sliced it up so it is possible to print on makerbot or other
printers with smaller build area.
He suggests to print parts using different colors for the front arms so that your can see the orientation of it when flying.
Follow up his future revisions of the quad for example placement, weight reduction(231.6g now) etc because same as other makers swepet continuous improvements in his design.
Watch his instructional video after the break.
Newly uploaded flight test video:
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Objet welcomed the Chinese new year with a 3D printed dragon
- Alexander Boden interview: how the model of village in Minecraft is created
- Absolutely stunning cocoon lamp created with multi-material 3D printer
- 3D printing used in upcoming animation "The Pirates! Band of Misfits"
- Inspiring 3D Printing experiments by Monocircus full of fun and love
- To design, 3D print and share Makerbot playsets
- 10 super beautiful 3D printed mathematical sculptures of Henry Segerman
- Make your own 3D printed zoetrope
- A phenomenal 3D printed puzzle that challenges your brain
- Tardis Cookie Cutter - an easy and fun use of a 3D printer
- 3D print your own tie
- Eyewear made through 3D printing and traditional needlework
- MK7 filament guide spring loaded with ball bearing
- 3D print you home to be a snow globe scene
- Minecraft Village printed on a 3D printer
- Super lightweight bike using 3D printed stainless steel lugs
- Mysterious Gömböc built by Objet 3D printer
maxeem wrote at 2/9/2014 1:51:20 PM:
how to conact you.. and can you please give me the desgins