Awhile back, we wrote about "Minecraft Village printed on a 3D printer", A 3D model of a minecraft-village is exported using a modified minecraft.print() script, colored using CAD software, and then printed on a Zprinter 650 3D printer.
Below is a video available on youtube, an exclusive interview with Alexander Boden, the maker of village in Minecraft. He introduces his work together with his research colleague Sebastian Draxler, and how they used software tools and 3D printer to create a model and printed them out to a real model of a village in Minecraft (each block is only 1mm). It is worth taking a look!
Enjoy once again the hot pictures from the Minecraft Village.
Photo credit: post-apocalyptic research institute
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Mysterious Gömböc built by Objet 3D printer
- 3D Printer brings a Robotic Hand from design to life
- Designing and 3D printing a synchro gearbox
- 3D printing and 111 five euro cent coins
- Experimental kite features 1700 3D printed connectors
- Nature-inspired greenhouse created using a 3D printer
- GE shares a 3D printed Christmas Tree ornament
- 3D printed Kindle Kapsule Lightstand for your beloved
- World's first 3D printed customized implant wins innovation award
- Fishman guitar amplification devices created with 3D printer
- 5 stunning 3D printed gear sibling
- 2D mechatronic printer created with 3D printer
- 3D printed models acts in best ads of 2011 "Back To The Start"
- Need a stand for your Kinect? 3D print it!