If you have an ipod nano then you won't want to miss this design. Maybe you have seen enough nicely designed watchband but a combination of wrist strap and earphone organizers is awesome.
As an action joining one of the cool contests from Instructables, the "make it real challenge", Instructables user mstyle183 designed and 3D printed this 3d printed 6th gen nano watch band w/ earphone organizer and bottle opener Ultimate iwatch.
With this design you don't have to undergo all the frustration and trouble of detangling your headphone cords or forget your headphones or cord organizer behind.
The first step of making such a nano watch band is to build a 3D model. You can build one yourself using Maya or Solidworks or download one from internet as a template.
The video below is a tutorial made by mstyle183 showing tips on getting your nano watchband the correct size. A tip: you have to find the CADs page from the Apple site.
Besides that, mstyle183 also shared his experiences in programs exporting files at different sizes. If you know all these beforehand that will save you tons of time and work.
Once you build the 3D model you can simply upload to Shapeways, Ponoko or Sculpteo to get it 3D printed.
If you like mstyle183's idea and his design, you can support him by voting this design for the contest "make it real challenge".
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- gt2P develops furniture construction systems using digital crafting and traditional techniques
- Tel Aviv Artist Eyal Gever recreated natural disasters with 3D Printing
- 27-year old Dutch designer Iris van Herpen conquers Paris
- Flying helicopter with 3D printed helicopter blades
- Make a 3D printed record for the Fisher-Price record player
- Objet welcomed the Chinese new year with a 3D printed dragon
- Alexander Boden interview: how the model of village in Minecraft is created
- Absolutely stunning cocoon lamp created with multi-material 3D printer
- 3D printing used in upcoming animation "The Pirates! Band of Misfits"
- Inspiring 3D Printing experiments by Monocircus full of fun and love
- To design, 3D print and share Makerbot playsets
- 10 super beautiful 3D printed mathematical sculptures of Henry Segerman
lucifer wrote at 1/19/2017 7:55:40 PM:
can i buy it