This pink big love heart gears was created by faberdasher and uploaded on Feb. 13, 2012 right before the valentine's day. It is a derived from Screwless Heart Gears created by emmett. Faberdasher tweaked the layout and pushed some polygons for slightly better slicing. At Thingiverse there's a bit of a trend for using 3D printers to make complex gear systems.
3dprintuk downloaded the model of a heart gear from Thingiverse and printed on an Objet 30 3D printer. He sells the parts online for £55(UK) and £60(international). Since the prices are only for the material costs and not for a profit you will have to clean and assemble the part yourself with warm water and a sponge!
It reminds me other 3D printed gears so I dug up some videos of impressive gears that I have seen.
This one in the video below is a 3D printed gear cubes that I would like to have on my desk! It was printed in a single production step using an Objet 3D printer. Sam Green from Objet printed it out using Objet VeroClear transparent material. He said he became the most popular person at Objet HQ because of this cute cute gear.
Thingiverse user dougc314 made this very beautiful cube gears which fold and unfold constantly driven by a motorized pedestal.
This puzzle-like gear cube is one of my favorites, it doesn't look like a working cube, but it does. This is the beauty of 3D printing that it can turn all kinds of shapes into complex and strange gear systems.
Finally a famous Brain gear machine made by 3D printer in 2008:
Thanks to 3D printing that any cool ideas can be transformed in a tangible object and make them real.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D print and build your own Vampire quadcopter
- Objet 3D Printer to appear in Channel 4's new series "Home of the Future"
- 3D printing a data sculpture of your digital identity
- 3D printed prosthetic hand awarded top innovation prize
- 3D printed bowl
- How far fashion goes using 3D printing this week
- 3D printing in school - Young students print their own head
- 8 Cool iPhone amplifiers created using 3D printer
- Swedish startup gets 3D printing into wedding industry
- 3D printed Cello Girl on Kickstarter
- First 3D printed Pirate Bay ship delivered with a hefty price tag
- Brendan Dawes' diary - Everything I make with my MakerBot
- 3D printed "Empty Chair"
- 3D printed Moineau soap dispenser
hollie wrote at 3/17/2012 10:26:55 PM:
I think are amazing my friend has one it is amazing I want one
hollie wrote at 3/17/2012 10:21:56 PM:
give me one