Saint Patrick's Day is a cultural and religious holiday celebrated on 17 March. One traditional symbol of Saint Patrick's Day is the Shamrock. The Irish have considered shamrocks as good-luck symbols since earliest times, and today people of many other nationalities also believe they bring good luck.
Ireland-based Mcor Technologies recently 3D printed a Shamrock to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. It is also announced Mcor Technologies will bring its Matrix 300, the world's only 3D printer that uses reams of recycled 8 ½ x 11" paper and water-based adhesive to make 3D objects, to RAPID 2012. RAPID 2012 takes place May 22-25 in Atlanta and it is for the first time the Ireland-based Mcor Technologies joins the event.
"We are very excited to present the Matrix 300, at RAPID 2012," said Mcor Technologies co-founder and CEO Dr. Conor MacCormack. "The Matrix makes low-cost, green, good quality 3D printing accessible to everyone, and we believe that we have the prototyping technology that will soon be as ubiquitous as printing in 2D." The company intends to reach a broader market by making the equipment as easy-to-use as a 2D printer and affordable for cost-conscious companies and universities.
The Matrix 300 looks like an office copier and it can use any paper you put into 2D office printer. Additionally Mcor also offer unique pricing model that their Matrix 300 3D printer is given away for free but they charge for a print service plan. For as little as £7,500 / €8,833 / $12,166 / ¥927,554 on their three year plan you get a free machine, print as much as you want and maintenance is included. Mcor is offering the Matrix 300 and the service plans in Europe, and through RAPID 2012 it will introduce the model to the US market.
Watch the videos below the Matrix 300 water-based 3D printing process and impressive-looking 3D printed "face".
Posted in 3D printing Companies
Maybe you also like:
- Objet announced new distributor in Brazil
- Z-Corp sponsors mountain bike design competition for student designers
- PP3DP Launched Upgrade kit for old UP! 3d printers
- MakerBot launched 3 fun projects for 3D printers
- Formlabs: 3D printer startup raised $500K initial funding
- Tiertime Brings Its newest 3D Printer Inspire S250 to EuroMold 2011
- 3D Systems Launchs New RapMan 3.2 3D Printer Kit
- Objet Geometries bids for NASDAQ IPO
- Z Corp bought by 3D Systems for $137 million
- Objet 3D Printed Dashboard from StreetScooter and Other Cutting-Edge 3D Printing Applications at EuroMold 2011
- 3D Printer Manufacturing Industry Research Report Available from IBISWorld
- 3D Systems Acquires Advanced Materials Division of Huntsman Corp
- FabLab opens in Brainport region, Eindhoven, NL