May 25, 2012
3D Systems announced it has completed the acquisition of Bespoke Innovations without providing the purchase price.
Bespoke Innovations is a company that creates Fairings for amputees based not only on their physical needs, but also their tastes and personalities. They use lightweight and durable polymer materials to design Fairings. The More remarkable is how they're made: through advances in 3D printing technology.
3D systems said it does not expect this acquisition to be material to its revenue for the remainder of 2012. The company plans to integrate Bespoke into its growing healthcare solutions services and leverage its integrated scan, design and print technology and knowhow to develop and commercialize a full range of innovative, ventilated and lightweight custom fit prosthetics, orthotics and orthopedics.
3D Systems' president and chief executive officer Abe Reichental said, ""We plan to fast-track additional Bespoke products to market and to enhance their affordability and availability through our technology and manufacturing infrastructure."
Source 3D systems
Posted in 3D Systems
Maybe you also like:
- envisionTEC announces the release of their new website
- Objet appointed Altech Shanghai as Distributor in East China Region
- Tantillus portable opensource 3D printer now on Indiegogo
- 3D printed ear adapter turns your earbuds into headphones
- DreamVendor - an interactive 3D printing station in Virginia Tech
- Stop-motion Movie 'Paranorman' used 3D printers to create 31,000 individual facial parts
- Edible Chocolate Brain created from MRI scan and 3D printer
- Which company in 3D printing world has better link profile quality?
- Jay Leno uses 3D scanner and 3D Printer to replace old car parts
- 3D-Print a battery adapter for Canon Powershot SX200
- 3D printed Tanorexic Doll inspired by Tanning Mom
- One piece 3D printed hand glider that flies
- 3D printed Atlas co-op bot from portal 2
- 3D printed milk jug tells if you have milk at home
- 3D printed smart bandage that stimulates and directs blood vessel growth
- Disney World hosts "Carbon-Freeze Me" Experience using 3D printing technology
- Resin-based 3D printer B9Creator for high-quality prints currently on Kickstarter