As we previously introduced, the Taiwan-based MiiCraft team was busy with designing another resin-based personal 3D printer and would release their kit by about June.
Today MiiCraft team launches their Indiegogo Campaign offering a special Indiegogo pricing and packages for MiiCraft 3D Printer. With the help of their Partner Rays Optics who manufactures and assembles the MiiCraft 3D Printers are ready for the market.
The design of MiiCraft is very similar to that of Junior Veloso's DLP Printer but MiiCraft uses a Pico projector instead. It uses Open Source Arduino Mega 2560 and Python based software as controller and slicer. It has an automatic resin supply system that sensors will detect resin level in the reaction tank and pump resin into the reaction tank and withdraw resin from reaction tank back into resin cartridge for ideal storage. Teflon based peeling system allows lower peeling force during build process and increase success rate when printing models.
What MiiCraft offers for the Campaign is a 3-in-1 unit which includes 3D Printer, Post Curing Device and Resin Cartridge.
The Resin Cartridge is recently redesigned to be 500ml instead of 300ml. The location of the resin cartridge is also more user-friendly and allow people to use other available resins in the market. MiiCraft has currently blue and transparent resin available.
The MiiCraft team prices the 3D Printer at USD 1,999. People who purchase the MiiCraft™ 3D Printer from campaign will receive extra free MiiCraft™ Post Curing Device and one bottle of 500ml of Blue Resin.
Here are more features of MiiCraft 3D Printer:
- X/Y Resolution: 450ppi (56 micron)
- Z-Axis (single layer thickness): 0.1mm (100 micron)
- Hardware can support up to 0.005mm (5 micron)
- Build Speed: 2cm per hour
- Up to 3cm per hour possible for some models
- Footprint: 43mm x 27mm x 180mm
- Full Kit Dimensions: 20.5cm (W) x 20.8cm (L) x 33.5cm (H)
- Est. Resin Cost: USD 0.25 per gram
Below are some 3D printed samples from MiiCraft:
(Photos credit: MiiCraft)
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- New 3D-ONE 3D printer from Robot Factory
- RouterStrap 3D printer on the CNC Machine
- How low can a Prusa Mendel 3D printer cost go
- Could Makibox's $350 3D printer raise more money than they have reached now? YES!
- Launch party for KamerMaker - First large-scale movable pavilion 3D-print rooms
- Fabbster "launch customer program" launches today
- The Man Who Prints Houses - Documentary about Enrico Dini and his heart and soul in 3D printing buildings
- 3D printer manufacturer Objet sees big opportunities in Asia Pacific
- Portable Tantillus 3D printer ready for beta testing
- Investors favor Dutch 3D printer manufacturer Ultimaker
- How to make cookies with a 3D food printer
- Affordable metal parts for your reprap 3D printer
- Low-cost and open source SLS wax 3D printer
- The $300 MakiBox 3D Printer funding launched
- How to assemble your own Buildatron 3D printer
- Fab@Home 3D Printer Makes anything
- BFB Launched Upgrade kits for RapMan 3.0 or 3.1 3D printers
- Large scale 3D printer One-to-One on Kickstarter