Emmanuel Gilloz, the creator of the Foldarap 3d printer has launched a crowdfunding project on Ulule. The FoldaRap is an open-source 3D-Printer, a foldable RepRap.
Before designing FoldaRap Emmanuel Gilloz has built several different RepRaps such as Mendel, Prusa, Orca, Huxley, etc. Later he came up with the idea to build a 3D printer that anyone can easily carry with.
The FoldaRap is made with robust aluminium extrusions. All the electronics are safely enclosed in the base, connected via USB. The max build envelope is 140 x 140 x 140 mm. Most important: it can be folded and carried on a bike or shipped in a flight case.
(credit: Emmanuel Gilloz)
It took him 5-7 months to develop this project. On Ulule his project was funded 24% in the first 24 hours. Up to now 68% (€4434) are raised on a goal of €6500. Before Aug.8, 2012, for €650 you will receive a complete kit with all the parts needed to build a FoldaRap, packaged in a little cardboard box. The funds will be used for developing new prototypes, making bulk orders and all expenses for beta-testers and marketing.
If you find this project interesting check the campaign page here. Watch the FoldaRap frame assembly test in the video below after the break.
Thanks Franck for the tip!
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Monolith Stereolithographic 3D printer
- Short lead time puts Makerbot in a more competitive position
- Low cost open source 3D DLP printer on Kickstarter
- Work in progress - DLP resin 3D printer
- Ultimaker 3D printer experiences and tips after one month of use
- Rebuild a Scara Robot Arm into a 3D ABS printer
- Tool-less production of moulds using 3D printing technology
- What is your experience with 3D printer - feedback 2
- Review of the UP! 3D printer by Forrest Higgs
- What is your experience with 3D printer - feedback 1
- H1.1 SeeMeCNC 3D Printer
- MiiCraft high resolution home SLA 3D printer on Indiegogo
- The first 3D printer assembled by children
- Unboxing Cube 3D printer and first test runs
- Fosterbot, a Makerbot Thing-o-Matic derived 3D printer
- Open3DP to show off new Grawmet 3D printer tomorrow
- What is your experience with 3D printer?
- Meet the amazing and craziest 3D prints come off Objet Connex500
- Solidscape sold its 1,000th T76Plus 3D printer
- Vision 3D Printer - an optimized RepRap Prusa Mendel on Kickstarter
- New Portabee 3D printer can fit into a laptop bag
- EnvisionTEC will release Perfactory Micro end of May
- MakiBox progress - motion platform assembled
- Mcor Technologies announces Mcor Iris full color 3D printer
- PP3DP announces New Desktop 3D Printer - UP! Mini