May 23, 2012
Delta Micro Factory Corp. (PP3DP) announced today, the launch of UP! Mini, to their the UP! family.
The UP! Mini is based on the simplicity of a traditional inkjet printer, with a snap in printer head, slide in build table and clip in consumable roll. It is designed to be easy to operate as 1-2-3, just open the 3D CAD model and click print - no tinkering, tuning or hacking required.
"the Up! Mini has the features of the UP! Plus+ and is available, ready to print, for under $1000 USD. It is more suitable for family use." says Joseph Guo, Director of International Marketing of PP3DP.
- Build envelope: 4.7" x 4.7" x 4.7" / 120 x 120 x 120mm
- Print speed: 9mins / cm3
- Layer resolution: 250 microns
- Material: 1.75mm ABS
- Software: includes Smart UP! Software
UP! Mini will be available to preorder from June 1st, 2012.
Read the press release below:
Beijing, China - Delta Micro Factory Corp. (PP3DP) announced today, the launch of the much anticipated follow-up, UP! Mini, to their highly acclaimed, flagship 3d printer, the UP! family.
The all-new UP! Mini 3D Printer, with its full metal, temperature stabilizing enclosure and groundbreaking sub $1000 USD retail price, was introduced at simultaneous launches at RAPID 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, the Atlantic Design & Manufacturing Show in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, and CeBIT Australia in Sydney, Australia.
The UP! Mini is based on the simplicity of a traditional inkjet printer, with a snap in printer head, slide in build table and clip in consumable roll. You are ready to start making your big ideas into 3-Dimensional usable models within minutes out-of-the-box, all made out of tough ABS+ plastic.
PP3DP did not sacrifice on build quality with the UP! Mini, with its enclosed steel construction, double linear bearings on each axis and a temperature stabilizing build chamber; it is ready to produce quality parts on your desk within 15 minutes from switching it on.
"The UP! Mini is the result of 1000's of hours of field testing and valuable feedback from our rapidly growing UP! user community." says PP3DP's Director of International Marketing, Joseph Guo.
• Build footprint of 4.7" x 4.7" x 4.7" / 120 x 120 x 120mm with heated build table.
• Enclosed chamber to reduce warping.
• Double linear bearings on each axis - ensures consistent build quality throughout the entire print process.
• Print speed of 9mins per cm3
• Layer resolution of 250 microns
• Chip free and open consumables – You can use any suppliers ABS roll of 1.75mm plastic with your UP! Mini. The UP! Mini consumable is an open design so you are not locked into expensive consumables as opposed to expensive inkjet cartridges.
• USB interface for inkjet simplicity print spooling, you can unplug your computer once the UP! Mini starts printing.
• Includes the Smart UP! Software, tools and a full roll of plastic to get you started.
PP3DP did not compromise made when designing this newest member of the UP! family, "the Up! Mini has the features of its older sibling, the UP! Plus+ and is available, ready to print, for under $1000 USD. It is more suitable for family use." says Joseph Guo, "Not bad for a new born!"
"The UP! Mini represents the first truly affordable 3D printer to reach the market" Says Brian Quan of [x]object Inc.,U.S. distributors of the UP! "Professional features & print quality previously exclusive to 3D printers selling for 10K or more, all for less than $1000USD!" He adds, "The wait is over! Now there are more reasons than ever for professionals and families alike, to put the wonder of 3D printing right on their desktops!"
UP! Mini will be available to preorder from June 1st, 2012 from local resellers all over the world, as well as the PP3DP website.
About Delta Micro Factory Corp (PP3DP) - is the Beijing based, maker of the UP! 3D Printer and is committed to designing, engineering and manufacturing the best, affordable 3D printers on the market. More information on the company is available at www.pp3dp.com
About x object Inc. - x object Inc. is lead distributor of the UP! 3D Printer in North America and is committed to providing affordable, immersive technologies to the masses. More information on the company is available at www.x-object.com as well as their dedicated US UP! website and storefront at www.up3Dusa.com
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Fully Assembled RapCraft 3D printer
- Another $300 desktop 3D printer kit
- Maxit 3D printer joins Human vs machine re-match tonight
- New Affordable Bukobot 3D printer with expandable framework
- The new Solidoodle G2 3D printer is launched - starting at $499
- iRapid - A new 3D printer built with "rack and pinion" concept
- Rapid Shape brings fastest 3D printer to the market
- Voxeljet introduces first continuous 3D printing machine
- New Maxit 3D printer will be launched soon
- World's first 3D chocolate printer now up for pre-order
- MiiCraft - A pico projector based home built DLP 3D printer
- Leapfrog introduces fully assembled plug-and-play 3D printers to mass market
- High resolution DIY 3D printer on Indiegogo
- Basic and complete Resin-based 3D Printer kit ready for pre-order
- Pocket printer under development
- Introducing Cartesio CNC/3D printer kit
- ORD Bot 3D printers and MakerSlide available for pre-order
- Affordable Blueprinter SHS 3D printer for desktop sintering
- Building an extra large Ultimaker 3D printer
mixart wrote at 11/15/2012 2:28:41 PM:
I have bought a UP! Mini 3D Printer a week ago and I am very disappointed with it. The platform came completely unsquared. I am tired to contact the department sale. pp3dp people will joke with you and will not give you a real solution to the platform problem. They will tell you that there is a calibration soft, but the real issue is the hardware. There is no way to calibrate it. The printer is made so cheaply that due to the plastic tiny clips that sustains the linear carriage it will fall part very soon. Mine has already one clip broken. I hope no one more will buy this horrible, chip printer.