PandaBot 3D printer is brought to Kickstarter by Panda Robotics, a Toronto-based startup. Panda Robotics hopes to secure $50,000 in support and there are many rewards for all support levels. At $800 you'll be first in line to receive a PandaBot 3D printer, with delivery targeted for February 2013.
"We saw that the existing tools were hard to use and that nothing was really consumer-focused, so we're here to make 3D printing accessible," said Graeme Hein, product manager for Panda Robotics.
"We're really playing through the whole 1970s personal computing revolution, with the same issues of large companies producing big and expensive machines, to the hobbyist culture developing and moving up into truly easy to afford products."
- Print envelope: 11"x11"x11"
- Custom heated capacitive-sensing build-bed, 120C maximum temperature
- Maximum nozzle temperature: 265C
- Works with 1.75mm filament
- Layer thickness: 0.1mm
- Maximum speed: 60mm/s
- Material: ABS
- USB connection
- External international 110/220V power supply
- Powder-coated aluminum shell
- File format: STL or G-code
- Software: Panda Robotics G-code generator or your tool of choice
- Platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux
Source: Panda Robotics
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- The LulzBot TK-0 3D Printer under development
- New UP! software v1.17 to be released in two days
- New Matrix 300+ 3D printer is 3 times faster
- Formlabs announces Form 1 "prosumer" 3D printer
- JP Morgen: New 3D printer from Formlabs could be a threat to low-end & high-end of the market
- Is Makerbot going closed source?
- 3D printer helping company to bring its products to market quicker
- Hack and refill a Stratasys Dimension 3D printer
- 3D printer startup Formlabs.com countdown
- Eventorbot 3D printer is now on Kickstarter
- EZ 3D printer from Taiwan
- ExOne released a faster 3D metal printer
- A list of DIY high resolution DLP 3D printers
Steve wrote at 10/7/2012 2:56:41 AM:
I heard a rumor about a new desktop 3D printer for under 500 bucks coming to kickstarter soon called RoBo 3d. Anyone else? I would like to wait if I can get one at that price