April 7, 2013
The market for 3D printers and 3D models grow really rapidly in the last few years. In order to save users valuable time when searching for 3D printable models, Leipzig, Germany based Sebastian Karpp developed yeggi, a search engine for printable 3D models.
Currently yeggi has indexed 7 websites (Shapeking, Shapeking (de), Thingiverse, Ponoko, YouMagine, physibleexchange and 3dprintingmodel) and claimed to have collected more than 39,000 models.
In the "search" box you can fill in some keywords, the matching results with image and link to original 3D model will appear on the screen in some seconds. It shows also the price for pay models.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Industri.es launches 3D search engine for industrial parts
- Announcing the closure of Tinkercad, new Airstone under development
- Kinect for Windows SDK gets update tomorrow, includes hand-recognition and 3D-modeling
- Customization at reach: Sandboxr's 3D Design-to-Print on Kickstarter
- Cimatron names Terry Wohlers as first member of 3D Printing Advisory Board
- MakieLab's 3D-printed dolls now available on iPad
- Tutorial: How to use Autodesk 123D Design (video)
- 12 free apps to easily make unique 3D printable creations
- 123D Creature: Design and 3D print your own 3D monsters from your iPad
- Geomagic Releases Freeform 2013, CEO Ping Fu on BBC: 3D printing is 'as big as the internet'
- CARTIS to Showcase Benefits of Digital Design and Additive Fabrication in Maxillofacial Surgery