April 25, 2013
Created by William SH JOO in Korea, the WillyBot 1.3 is an open source, box-type FFF (fused filament fabrication) 3D printer kit. The newest version WillyBot 1.3 features high print speed of 150 mm/s.
Build envelope: 200x200x240 mm
Price: US$800 - $1,000
Lead time: 7 days
Nozzle diameter (mm): 0.40
Layer thickness (mm): 0.35
Speed (mm/s): 150
Software: cura 13.03(Korean and English version), printrun, slic3r
System compatibility:Windows & Mac, Linux
Power supply: 400W
Weight (kg): 10kg
Here are some 3D print examples created on a WillyBot:
Find out more on WillyBot's site (Only in Korean). William is working on a new Willybot that uses Stereolithography process, an ultraviolet laser cures liquid resin into very thin layers, to form an object. Stay tuned!
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Systems unveils ProJet x60 series of full color 3D printers
- 3D printers enter the retail arena: department stores and SkyMall
- Introducing Panther 3D printer from Portabee team in Singapore
- Kentstrapper launches new 3D printer and printer-name contest
- Assembled, CE certified X400 3D printer now available
- The Quantum Delta 3D Printer
- D-Shape wins top prize in NYC Waterfront Construction Competition
- Special offer for iRapid 3D printer on indiegogo
- First Brazilian open source 3D printer: Metamáquina
- Showing Off some high quality parts made with 3DLPrinter
- Another successful Kickstarter round for the B9Creator
- RappiDelta Large format delta 3d printer
- 3Drag 3D printer kit
BOT K wrote at 9/15/2013 10:04:34 AM:
Great marketting hoax. Don't buy it. Don't say about it.
BOTMAN wrote at 6/21/2013 4:12:24 PM:
It is the worst choice to buy willybot. The members of assemly line are eager to put their life to build a successful printer. However, Mr William, the developer, the designer is out of mind. He is not responsible to the printer. He say always, the assembly men are responsible to the fault of the product. When I investigeted the printer, most important parts are dessigned wrong. And then, I issued that problem on their bulletin board, so called cafe. But it was ignored by William. Do not buy willybot never.
KY Song wrote at 4/28/2013 10:36:41 AM:
It is clear based on RepRap open source 3D printer. However, "This is non-the RepRap based proprietary technology." William SH JOO said. He is lying and cheating on his website because Korean people do not know well about the RepRap 3D printer yet. He is making money with this lie. This is will pulling to the wrong direction of the 3D printer market in Korea. The RepRap project and the efforts and passion of many RepRap project engineers has been damaged.
Andrew wrote at 4/25/2013 6:58:00 PM:
Great to see another Asian printer! Andrew