LAYWOO-D3 is a wood-based 3D printing filament invented by Kai Parthy and is designed for the RepRap and similar machines. It is a wood/polymer composite - the filament contains 40% recycled wood and harmless binding polymers. The material has similar thermal durability as PLA and can be printed between 175°C and 250°C.
After printing it looks and smells like wood and can also be handled like wood. Depending on the temperature you can even print wooden-like objects with annual rings. At 180°C, the prints has a light color, at 245°C it becomes darker. Afterwards the printed objects can be cut, grinded or painted.
Features of LAYWOO-D3 filament:
- 40% recycled wood
- very little warp
- Stick very well on the print bed
- Can be grinded, sanded and painted
- Excellent flow properties
- Similar thermal durability as PLA
LAYWOO-D3 filament is sold in coils of 250 grams (0.55lbs) and it comes in both 1.75mm and 3mm diameter.
Suppliers: Laywood D3 Wood Filament Ø 3 mm, 250g
Switzerland | Swiss RepRap: 19.90 CHF ($21.7 USD)
Austria | RepRap.cc: €17.49 ($23.4 USD)
Germany | German RepRap: €17.95 ($24.3 USD)
Australia | 3dprintergear: $25 USD
Netherlands | FormFutura: €18.95 ($25.7 USD)
Switzerland | Fabberworld: 23.50 CHF ($25.8 USD)
Canada | Voxel Factory: $29 CAD ($29 USD)
Australia | German RepRap Australia: 29.95 AUS ($30.8 USD)
UK | Replicator Warehouse : £29.95 ($47.1 USD)
USA | Lulzbot: $50 USD
Suppliers: Laywood D3 Wood Filament Ø 1.75 mm, 250gAustria | RepRap.cc: €17.5 ($23.4 USD)
Australia | 3dprintergear: $27 USD
Germany | German RepRap: €19.94 ($27 USD)
Netherlands | FormFutura: €20.95 ($28.4 USD)
Voxel Factory: $29 CAD ($29 USD)
Switzerland | Fabberworld: 26.50 CHF ($29.1 USD)
Australia | German RepRap Australia: 37.95 AUS ($39 USD)
USA | Fused3D (Amazon): $44.95
For your convenience 3Dprintergear has designed a printable spool suitable for either 3mm or 1.75mm wood filaments. You can download here on Thingiverse.
If any supplier you know is missing in the list, please contact us.
Posted in 3D printing Materials
Maybe you also like:
- Jeremie's roundup of home use 3D printing materials
- 3D Systems introduces FotoTec hearing aid material to ProJet 6000
- taulman's 618-1.75mm available for Pre-Order
- Objet expands material range to 123
- Flexible models printed on an Objet 3D printer
- Finding the proper temperature ranges for 3D printing wood
- Stratasys adds black ULTEM 9085 thermoplastic for 3D printing
- High strength nylon 3D printing material available for sale
- Making a plastic filament extruder
- High detailed stainless steel available for 3D printing
- Fabbster's flexible material for 3D printing
Michał wrote at 8/29/2014 1:40:51 PM:
These suppliers are only importers? Or strictly manufacturers? I'm looking for manufacturer of laywood, not importer. Can someone give me any info about it?