3D-printing company Shapeways announced a new Custom Ring Creator app that allows anyone to create their own 3D-printed rings in minutes. You can personalize existing ring templates or customize a completely unique design of your own.
To create a ring, you just upload a black&white image and Shapeways' Custom Ring App will turns it into a 3D ring. You can then customize your 3D ring, set size and select the material. Once completed, Shapeways will manufacture your design and send your 3D printed ring to your home.
To make it easy for users, Shapeways have uploaded quite a few templates from designers that you can modify. The cost of rings ranges from $2.3 to $130, depending on the material you choose.
Below is a video that Peter Weijmarshausen, Shapeways CEO gave John Biggs an tour at the recent Shapeways expansion in Long Island City showing the process from order to shipment.
Posted in 3D printing services
Maybe you also like:
- Design your own 3D printable jewelry on Suuz
- Petfig transforms photo of your pet into 3D sculptures
- Sharing your designs with anyone using Teleport It 3D
- French office supplies retailer launches 3D printing service to public
- Library raising funds for life-size Hulk statue and 3D printer
- 3DLT partners with makexyz for 3D printing services
- Staples opens first 3D Experience Centre in Netherlands
- Additer: a new marketplace for digital manufacturing services
- Shapeways Raises $30M C Round, Led By Andreessen Horowitz
- Rapid Manufactory: First 3D printing shop in Middle East
- Chicago's first 3D printing store to open next Monday
- 3D Hubs is building a large production network of 3D printers
- 3D Systems Launches 3DMe figurines on Cubify
- Miproto turns your idea into a 3D printed model