Here are some tips provided by Robot factory on how to unpack, start up and shut down 3D-ONE 3D printer. Robot factory is working on new version of the site in English language for users.
1. Use a large scissor to cut away straps that wraps around the case:
2. Use a large screwdriver or similar tool to insert between the box and lid, starting from one corner and proceeding along the entire perimeter.
3. Remove the cover.
4. Take out the box of electronics, accessories, manuals and ABS spool with caution.
5. Take out the shelf that served as support to the electronics box with some upward force.
6. Cut two straps around the axis X use a large scissor.
7. Cut the clamp that blocks the axis Z use a large scissor.
8. Remove the board at the front by inserting a large screwdriver or similar tool, starting from one corner and proceeding along the entire perimeter.
9. Remove the side walls and the rear part.
10. Remove the protection.
10. Unscrew the four nuts that hold 3D-ONE at the base with a spanner diameter 13.
11. Using a pair of work gloves, you lift 3D-ONE, grabbing the front with your right hand and back with your left hand, then you secure 3D-ONE on a stable surface.
12. You insert the rubber feet by referring to the instructions provided on the CD.
To use, place 3D-ONE on a solid, flat, stable surface.
How to start up the 3D-ONE 3D printer:
CAREFULLY follow these steps
1. Execute the program using the 3D-ONE icon on the desktop, after having previously configured by following the instructions in the manual for use supplied with the program.
2. Turn on the electronics of 3D-ONE via a switch on the back of the box, the Power light will glow.
3. Check that the button Stop / Emergency is not active, if it is active you will unlock by turning.
4. Enable the electronic 3D-ONE pressing the GREEN button at the front of the box.
5. With the mouse, in the management program, you press the RESET button that located at the bottom center, the button should stop flashing, this must happen so that the axes can move.
6. Verify that the switch on the back of the controller is turned on (to change the switch position you need to pull the release lever, before the move).
7. With the mouse, in the main window of management program (Run Programs), press the button REF TO HOME, which is located almost above the 'Reset' button in the central part of the interface.
8. The plane moves towards the limit switch to a stop (Z top – X right – Y ahead).
9. Move, through the navigation keys (on keyboard), axes X and Y in position of Part Zero, and reset their counters in the management program.
10. Move, through the navigation keys (on keyboard), axis Z in position of Part Zero, and reset his counters in the management program, then lift the axis of approximately 30 mm.
11. In the load window of management program (Load Programs), you load the file 'G-code' (button Load G-code).
12. Insert the wire into the extruder.
13. TO WAIT that the controller reaches the set temperature.
14. Verify that the switch of the axis A (Disable), at the front of the box, is enabled, that is, the lever is on the right side (to change the switch position you must, before the move, pull the release lever).
15. You must extrude the wire manually, slowly moving the axis A (clockwise rotation), until it comes out of homogeneous.
16. Remove with tweezers supplied with 3D-ONE the excess wire extruded.
17. in the main window (Run Programs) of management program, you start working clicking the button ► GREEN, if you want to stop, press the mouse button ■ RED (remember in this case to raise about 30 mm the Z axis).
18. Adjust the four knurled knobs which allow to obtain the perfect orthogonality of the plane to the extruder and at the same time, bring the plane to the extruder to allow a good adhesion of the wire to the plane. In case of insufficient membership, stop working, raising about 30 mm Z-axis, press the REWIND button, clean the work surface, reset the axis A and restart the process by adjusting, if necessary, further the plan to obtain perfect adhesion. Remember, before the creation of a new object, to bring the knurled knobs to the middle position for the game need to readjust.
In case of EMERGENCY, press the Stop / Emergency at the front of the box. When you press, the mail is OFF, the axes are locked and the extruder will be deactivated.
How to shut down the 3D-ONE 3D printer:
- By slowly moving the axis A, to make sure that the thread stepped back from the extruder (counterclockwise rotation) of about 30 mm, in this prevents the clogging of the nozzle.
- With the mouse, in the management program, press the RESET button at the bottom center, the button should flash.
- Turn off (Close G-code button), in the management program, the G-code.
- Turn off the electronic 3D-ONE pressing the RED button at the front of the box.
- Turn off the electronic 3D-ONE via the switch on the back of the box, the light "Power" will turn off.
- Exit the management program.
- Turn off your PC.
From July 1, 2012 the price of 3D-ONE 3D printer is € 3,800.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Foldable Foldarap 3d printer launches a crowdfunding campaign on Ulule
- Monolith Stereolithographic 3D printer
- Short lead time puts Makerbot in a more competitive position
- Low cost open source 3D DLP printer on Kickstarter
- Work in progress - DLP resin 3D printer
- Ultimaker 3D printer experiences and tips after one month of use
- Rebuild a Scara Robot Arm into a 3D ABS printer
- Tool-less production of moulds using 3D printing technology
- What is your experience with 3D printer - feedback 2
- Review of the UP! 3D printer by Forrest Higgs
- What is your experience with 3D printer - feedback 1
- H1.1 SeeMeCNC 3D Printer
- MiiCraft high resolution home SLA 3D printer on Indiegogo
- The first 3D printer assembled by children
- Unboxing Cube 3D printer and first test runs
- Fosterbot, a Makerbot Thing-o-Matic derived 3D printer
- Open3DP to show off new Grawmet 3D printer tomorrow
- What is your experience with 3D printer?
- Meet the amazing and craziest 3D prints come off Objet Connex500
- Solidscape sold its 1,000th T76Plus 3D printer
- Vision 3D Printer - an optimized RepRap Prusa Mendel on Kickstarter
- New Portabee 3D printer can fit into a laptop bag