Engineer vs Designer announced an "Absurd iPhone Accessory Design Contest" - to design the most absurd 3D-printable iPhone accessory and the grand prize is $1,749 2012 Makerbot Replicator.
They described the requirement for the absurd iPhone accessory as "ironic, backward, cynical or comically self-defeating 3D designs in watertight STL format."
How do they judge this contest? Your design will be judged by representatives from EvD and Makerbot Industries. And the scoring will be based on how HARD they laugh when they see it. haha.
How to join is pretty simple, just upload your 3D-printable designs to thingiverse.com with the tag 'EvD'. The deadline for submission is Mar.19, 2012. So, if you have a crazy idea for Iphone, you'd better take action now.
Posted in 3D Printing Event
Maybe you also like:
- Designers are invited to submit entries for 3D Printing Fashion Show at RAPID 2012
- Two-day Synthetic Landscapes Workshop on designing and 3D printing at Objet Headquarters in Billerica
- Get 3D printer in the hands of kids
- Enter "make it real challenge" now to win an Objet30 Desktop 3D printer
- Cool Send to Print / Print to Send Event in London
- 3D print you home to be a snow globe scene
- 1st successful print test from DIY 3D DLP Printer
- Makible working on $300 3D Printer
- 3D Systems completes the acquisition of Z Corp and Vidar
- 3D ice printer
- IRENE/3D scanner restores 125-Year-Old recordings
- Minecraft Village printed on a 3D printer
- Parametric Printrbot variant - new RepRap 3D printer
- Experiment Polycarbonate with DIY 3D printer
Sunny Kapoor wrote at 7/6/2012 5:31:34 AM:
Hi I have created a video detailing the process of 3D printing for my crowd funding project @indiegogo.com http://igg.me/p/115374?a=653395 http://youtu.be/wDDLC4furjc Please share if you like it. Sunny Kapoor www.wickedsunny.com www.ufo-patrol.com