It is time for the beach - Designers at Deep Orange design has designed a range of 3D printed camera mounts for windsurfing. The camera mounts were 3D printed on a 3D Touch printer and it is fixed onto a custom installed fin plug (the hole you stick your surfboard fin into).
(Images credit: Deep Orange design)
This is not the first time someone made a DIY windsurfing camera mount using 3D printer. Windsurfing aficionado and tinkerer Sergey Menshikov shared his durable windsurfing camera mount. This 3D printed mount is designed for the popular GoPro Hero camera and its Mast mount is specifically made for windsurfing. The waterproof GoPro camera is a tiny device with affordable price that you can be easily mounted on surfboards, kayaks, and all manner of watercraft for capturing your adventures.
Made of very tough and springy Nylon-12 and printed on a 3D printer at Shapeways, the mount can tie the camera to your board's mast using common fasteners.
The mount weighs only 32g with a screw and wingnut and it offers 3 mounting options for your GoPro Hero camera: one on either side and one in front. Side mounts are angled to point directly at your sailing position.
(Images credit: Sergey Menshikov)
You can get more detail of Sergey's GoPro mast mount here.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Iris van Herpen's stunning 3D Printed dress - hybrid holism aw2012/13 collection
- 3D printers make prototypes of POP portable device charger
- 3D printed FOBO bipedal walking robot and Spool bot
- 3D-printed shoes inspired by bird's skull
- Fab 8 and new fab lab at Massey bring digital fabrication to New Zealand
- Hacker uses Repman 3D printer to reproduce police handcuff keys
- EADS displays 3D-printed unmanned aerial vehicle at Farnborough Airshow
- Moddler produces amazingly detailed objects with an Objet Eden 3D printer
- RA 3D printer controller crowdfunding on Kickstarter
- Maxit 3D printer official launch announced
- North America's largest 3D print on its way to Vancouver
- Some tips for getting better 3D printing results
- How to unpack, start up and shut down 3D-ONE 3D printer
- Chinese scientists uses 3D printer to print ear
- Stratasys 3D printer supports student built Lunar Rover Prototype for Google Lunar X PRIZE
- Dutch designer Ineke Otte and her 3D printed jewelry
- 3D printing leads the design world into a new age
- Create personalized medicine using a 3D molecule printer
- Personalized production for the mass market with Shapeways
- Short lead time puts Makerbot in a more competitive position
- Canon's Mixed Reality System fuses real and virtual worlds
- Making Boxes for Gadgets with a 3D printer
- Customize and 3D print your own MWOO
- Low cost open source 3D DLP printer on Kickstarter
- Work in progress - DLP resin 3D printer
- Microsoft Surface tablet designed in a bunker using 3D printers
- Mcor Technologies signed a distribution agreement with Plantin and Tetterode