Viztu(ancient Greek God of 3D) is the developer of Hypr3D, an online platform that allows anyone to turn pictures and videos into printable 3D creations. 3D Systems expects to integrate Viztu into Cubify.com, adding intuitive and fun scan-to-print and create-to-print apps.
Viztu's founders, Ash Martin and Tom Milnes, join the 3D Systems team to help to enhance company's content creation and capture, hardware and software developing.
(image credit: viztu)
"Viztu adds an important building block to our growing Cubify platform. Now everyone can begin to express themselves in 3D as easily as snapping a picture," said Cathy Lewis, Vice President Global Marketing for 3D Systems.
Lewis further said, "We believe that this investment will accelerate the democratization of the entire 3D create and make experience for everyone."
Posted in 3D Systems
Maybe you also like:
- A full tutorial on how to build Glove One - a 3D-printed, wearable cell phone
- Review of the UP! 3D printer by Forrest Higgs
- 3D printed carbon fiber bike frame
- A DIY 3D printed Dodecahedron speaker for summer parties
- What is your experience with 3D printer - feedback 1
- Unfold uses ceramic 3D printing to create unusual works
- Build a seahorse feeding station with Makerbot 3D printer
- Cost analysis of 3D printed TriK Tripod Adapter
- H1.1 SeeMeCNC 3D Printer
- Talented designer Dizingof and his 3D printed math art
- Open Rail - an open source universal linear rail system
- Pingbot - 3D printed rechargable musical robot
- Open source universal 3D printer extruder on Kickstarter
- MSU uses Windform to build amateur radio satellite PrintSat on a 3D printer
- Samuel Bernier creates designer lampshade using UP! 3D printer
- MIT Professor Neri Oxman pushes 3D printing in art and manufacturing
- AIRbudz offer safer listening with 3D printed non-cancelling earbuds
- Makielab raised $1.4 million to prove the toys of the future will be 3D printed and totally customized
- A visit to Ultimaker - this is an awesome box
- Meshu turns your roadtrip into unique jewelry using 3D printing
- Open3DP to show off new Grawmet 3D printer tomorrow
- Results of 3D printing communities survey
- What is your experience with 3D printer?
- A story behind the design and creation of UltiController
- Meet the amazing and craziest 3D prints come off Objet Connex500
- Fujifilm to offer retailers 3D printers
- DARPA crowd-sourcing new technologies through makers
- Solidscape sold its 1,000th T76Plus 3D printer
- Vision 3D Printer - an optimized RepRap Prusa Mendel on Kickstarter