London based 3DRepo.org announced the release of its 3D Repo Android app, a light-weight open source client that enables you to view, share and annotate 3D models stored in the 3D Repo cloud in the Google Play Market. Users can connect to a remote repository to visualize and annotate virtual designs and their individual revisions during the development and review stages of their project.
3D Repo is an open source 3D Revision Control Framework built around a domain specific database, aka 3D repository. It is very suitable to store 3D assets and to provide interfaces and conventions to add, modify and extract delta changes on them.
By supporting standard web-accessible front-ends, it enables connections to modeling packages via intermediary tools, or simply to a viewer that visualizes selected revision from the DB. Conflict resolution is achieved via a unique visual 3D Diff tool which highlights incompatible edits and offers quick merge suggestions. Furthermore, the framework supports retrieval of any full or partial revision that can be exported as a new 3D file.
(Images credit: 3DRepo.org)
The app is released free to charge and available in the Google Play Market.
Source: 3D Repo
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- Sculpteo adds background option to 3DPCase app
- Introduction to Mineways (video)
- 3D Systems launches Cubify Pics
- Using ScanBooth to prepare your raw 3D scan for 3D printing
- Mixee Me: Model your own 3D character in minutes
- Creating unique lithophanes on a 3D printer
- Autodesk bringing 3D modeling to the masses with 123D Design
- 3D Repo: open source Revision Control Framework for large 3D models
- Turning your thoughts into actual 3D objects
- Tutorial: Designing Jewelry ring for a 3D printer with Blender and Netfabb
- Axon 3 available on RapMan 3.2 & 3DTouch
- Uformia launches modelling software Meshup on Kickstarter
- Printcraft: convert your Minecraft creations into STL 3D model files
- Glasgow unveiled world's most advanced 3D model of the human foot
- TransMagic Releases MagicCheck for 3D Geometry Comparison